Allows users to explore the globe with this app
One of Google's most ambitious projects to date, Google Earth soars above the ground to view locations from the air. You can look at countries around the globe through images a satellite snapped. Google Earth's phenomenal 3D graphics technology shows you whatever part of the world you wish to see. Whether you want to glance at your own house or the beaches in Phuket, Thailand, Google Earth gives you pictures from across the globe.
Want to visualize the most symbolic places of important cities like New Delhi, Madrid, Paris and New York City? Clicking through the options of Google Earth, you will see everything you wanted and more. Probably one of the most useful functions, you can click the names of streets and roads to plan for your trips to specific regions of the world. As you search Google Earth, a list of the best restaurants materialize for solid planning. An essential application, Android devices usually have it installed automatically, and because of this app, you can travel to the most remote corners of the world without ever leaving the comfort of your home.
You can also click the Tour Guide feature to explore exciting areas, and Google Earth also integrates with Wikipedia for more information about the place. Visiting the Maps Gallery, you can learn about hiking trails, real-time earthquakes and planes taking flight. The technology takes an almost science fiction twist with how you no longer need to actually travel to countries to see them.
- View iconic cities from around the globe
- Plan your trips with greater ease than ever before
- Acquire a detailed list of close restaurants on your route
- Find hiking trails and learn about flights
- Prone to crashes
What's new in 8.0.0
* Enhanced user interface, menu changes and simplified layers panel with new Photos layer
* Improved styling for roads and labels, smoother transitions
* Support for Google Drive (view KML/KMZ files)
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- NFC: Allows applications to perform I/O operations over NFC.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.